WAIVER OF LIABILITY
It is expressly agreed and understood that Memorial Hospital shall not be held responsible for any losses, injuries or accidents occurring before, during and after the Diaper Derby to any participant and that Memorial Hospital and volunteers associated with the Diaper Derby are hereby released from any and all liabilities of any kind and nature.
- Diaper Derby is for crawlers only (not yet walking).
- Baby's birth date must be after April 4, 2011.
- Babies must arrive 30 minutes before the race to check in.
- Diaper Derby heats are limited to 90 seconds.
- If there is not a winner at the end of 90 seconds, the baby closest to the finish line
will be declared the winner of that heat.
- The winner of each heat will compete in a final heat.
- There will be co-ed heats of five to 10 children.
- Babies must be accompanied by two adults only: one launcher and one caller.
- Only children may be on the mat during the race.
- Adults may not cross over into the racetrack.
- Coaches must stay at either end of the course during the race.
- After the race has begun, adults may not touch the baby or the baby is disqualified.
- You may bring favorite toys or objects to attract the baby, but the object may not cross over into the race area.
- If the baby returns to the launcher or leaves the race area, the baby is disqualified.
- Participation is limited to the first 100 registrants.